At SHELTER, Inc. we offer a variety of employment opportunities, a culture that supports diversity, enthusiasm and respect with competitive compensation packages, including health and dental insurance, paid time off and retirement benefits.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com according to the job posting deadline.
Under the supervision of the Site Coordinator this individual is responsible for oversight of residence and facility needs during their shift. He/she must be willing to accommodate work schedule to include evening; weekend, and holiday shifts.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients at all times.
- Assist with administrative support. This includes faxing, making copies, filing, etc.
- Observe and report behavior or incidents in daily log and report as appropriate.
- Maintain a daily sign-in/out sheet on shelter participants.
- Assure clean, safe and healthy facility environment. Monitor facility for safety, health and sanitation concerns. This includes making rounds every 30 minutes; removable of hazardous items.
- Clean the facility including, mopping, wiping counters, tables, sweeping walkways, etc. Assist clients with any cleaning activities that they choose to participate in.
- Monitor availability and assist with the maintenance and dispensing of resource items; including towels, bedding and toiletries (i.e. toiletries, food, laundry, donations, etc.). Assist with sorting and storage of supplies and donations.
- Handle disputes between clients in a positive manner and diffuse potential stressful/hostile situations prior to occurrence whenever possible. Contact supervisor and/or case manager as necessary.
- Work with volunteers as assigned to assure clarity of communication and linkage to appropriate staff. Assist with volunteer orientation of facility. Maintain a daily sign-in/out sheet for volunteer participants.
- Assist with serving and meal preparation as needed, including the volunteer groups that prepare meals.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings.
- Other duties assigned.
- Professionalism, including maintaining confidentiality and setting boundaries.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Analytical skills
- Timeliness on completion of tasks
- Crisis intervention and conflict resolution skills
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience working with low income and/or homeless populations required.
- Bilingual in Spanish desired.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel are required.
- Must have reliable transportation
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel objects. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
There are no unusual environmental conditions. Typically, the noise level in the work environment is quiet.
SHELTER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, religion, sex, marital status or sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, or an unfavorable discharge from military status.